Assume ABC Company has asked you to not only prepare their 2017 year-end Balance Sheet but to also provide pro-forma financial statements for 2018. In addition, they have asked you to evaluate their company based on the pro-forma statements with regard to ratios. They also want you to evaluate 3 projects they are considering. Their information is as follows:
End of the year information:
Accounts Receivable 175,000
Accumulated Depreciation 90,000
Accounts Payable 156,000
Short-term Notes Payable 12,000
Long-term Notes Payable 200,000
Common Stock 235,000
Retained Earnings solve
• Sales for December total 10,000 units. Each month’s sales are expected to exceed the prior month’s results by 5%. The product’s selling price is $25 per unit.
• Company policy calls for a given month’s ending inventory to equal 80% of the next month’s expected unit sales. The December 31 2017 inventory is 8,400 units, which complies with the policy. The purchase price is $15 per unit.
• Sales representatives’ commissions are 12.5% of sales and are paid in the month of the sales. The sales manager’s monthly salary will be $3,500 in January and $4,000 per month thereafter.
• Monthly general and administrative expenses include $8,000 administrative salaries, $5,000 depreciation, and 0.9% monthly interest on the long-term note payable.
• The company expects 30% of sales to be for cash and the remaining 70% on credit. Receivables are collected in full in the month following the sale (none is collected in the month of sale).
• All merchandise purchases are on credit, and no payables arise from any other transactions. One month’s purchases are fully paid in the next month.
• The minimum ending cash balance for all months is $50,000. If necessary, the company borrows enough cash using a short-term note to reach the minimum. Short-term notes require an interest payment of 1% at each month-end (before any repayment). If the ending cash balance exceeds the minimum, the excess will be applied to repaying the short-term notes payable balance.
• Dividends of $100,000 are to be declared and paid in February.
• No cash payments for income taxes are to be made during the first calendar quarter. Income taxes will be assessed at 35% in the quarter.
• Equipment purchases of $55,000 are scheduled for March.
ABC Company’s management is also considering 3 new projects consisting of the purchase of new equipment. The company has limited resources, and may not be able to complete make all 3 purchases. The information is as follows for the purchases below.
Project 1 Project 2 Project 3
Purchase Price $80,000 $175,000 $22,700
Required Rate of Return 6% 8% 12%
Time Period 3 years 5 years 2 years
Cash Flows – Year 1 $48,000 $85,000 $13,000
Cash Flows – Year 2 $36,000 $74,000 $13,000
Cash Flows – Year 3 $22,000 $38,000 N/A
Cash Flows – Year 4 N/A $26,800 N/A
Cash Flows – Year 5 N/A $19,000 N/A
• Prepare the year-end balance sheet for 2017. Be sure to use proper headings.
• Prepare budgets such that the pro-forma financial statements for the first quarter of 2018 may be prepared.
• Sales budget, including budgeted sales for April.
• Purchases budget, the budgeted cost of goods sold for each month and quarter, and the cost of the March 31 budgeted inventory.
• Selling expense budget.
• General and administrative expense budget.
• Expected cash receipts from customers and the expected March 31 balance of accounts receivable.
• Expected cash payments for purchases and the expected March 31 balance of accounts payable.
• Cash budget.
• Budgeted income statement.
• Budgeted statement of retained earnings.
• Budgeted balance sheet.
• Calculate using Excel formulas, the NPV of each of the 3 projects.
• It is possible that ABC Company may not be able to complete all 3 projects. Therefore, advise ABC Company as to the order in which they should pursue the projects (i.e., which project should ABC Company attempt to do first, second, and last).
• Provide justification and analysis as to why you chose the order you did. The analysis must also be done in Excel, not in a separate document.
Compelling correspondence is essential to the achievement all things considered but since of the changing idea of the present working environments, successful correspondence turns out to be more troublesome, and because of the numerous impediments that will permit beneficiaries to acknowledge the plan of the sender It is restricted. Misguided judgments.In spite of the fact that correspondence inside the association is rarely completely open, numerous straightforward arrangements can be executed to advance the effect of these hindrances.
Concerning specific contextual analysis, two significant correspondence standards, correspondence channel determination and commotion are self-evident. This course presents the standards of correspondence, the act of general correspondence, and different speculations to all the more likely comprehend the correspondence exchanges experienced in regular daily existence. The standards and practices that you learn in this course give the premise to additionally learning and correspondence.
This course starts with an outline of the correspondence cycle, the method of reasoning and hypothesis. In resulting modules of the course, we will look at explicit use of relational connections in close to home and expert life. These incorporate relational correspondence, bunch correspondence and dynamic, authoritative correspondence in the work environment or relational correspondence. Rule of Business Communication In request to make correspondence viable, it is important to follow a few rules and standards. Seven of them are fundamental and applicable, and these are clear, finished, brief, obliging, right, thought to be, concrete. These standards are frequently called 7C for business correspondence. The subtleties of these correspondence standards are examined underneath: Politeness Principle: When conveying, we should build up a cordial relationship with every individual who sends data to us.
To be inviting and polite is indistinguishable, and politeness requires an insightful and amicable activity against others. Axioms are notable that gracious “pay of graciousness is the main thing to win everything”. Correspondence staff ought to consistently remember this. The accompanying standards may assist with improving courtesy:Preliminary considering correspondence with family All glad families have the mystery of progress. This achievement originates from a strong establishment of closeness and closeness. Indeed, through private correspondence these cozy family connections become all the more intently. Correspondence is the foundation of different affiliations, building solid partners of obedient devotion, improving family way of life, and assisting with accomplishing satisfaction (Gosche, p. 1). In any case, so as to keep up an amicable relationship, a few families experienced tumultuous encounters. Correspondence in the family is an intricate and alluring marvel. Correspondence between families isn’t restricted to single messages between families or verbal correspondence.
It is a unique cycle that oversees force, closeness and limits, cohesiveness and flexibility of route frameworks, and makes pictures, topics, stories, ceremonies, rules, jobs, making implications, making a feeling of family life An intelligent cycle that makes a model. This model has passed ages. Notwithstanding the view as a family and family automatic framework, one of the greatest exploration establishments in between family correspondence centers around a family correspondence model. Family correspondence model (FCP) hypothesis clarifies why families impart in their own specific manner dependent on one another ‘s psychological direction. Early FCP research established in media research is keen on how families handle broad communications data. Family correspondence was perceived as an exceptional scholastic exploration field by the National Communications Association in 1989. Family correspondence researchers were at first impacted by family research, social brain science, and relational hypothesis, before long built up the hypothesis and began research in a family framework zeroed in on a significant job. Until 2001, the primary issue of the Family Communication Research Journal, Family Communication Magazine, was given. Family correspondence is more than the field of correspondence analysts in the family. Examination on family correspondence is normally done by individuals in brain science, humanism, and family research, to give some examples models. However, as the popular family correspondence researcher Leslie Baxter stated, it is the focal point of this intelligent semantic creation measure making the grant of family correspondence special. In the field of in-home correspondence, correspondence is normally not founded on autonomous messages from one sender to one beneficiary, yet dependent on the dynamic interdependency of data shared among families It is conceptualized. The focal point of this methodology is on the shared trait of semantic development inside family frameworks. As such, producing doesn’t happen in vacuum, however it happens in a wide scope of ages and social exchange.
Standards are rules end up being followed when performing work to agree to a given objective. Hierarchical achievement relies significantly upon compelling correspondence. So as to successfully impart, it is important to follow a few standards and rules. Coming up next are rules to guarantee powerful correspondence: clearness: lucidity of data is a significant guideline of correspondence. For beneficiaries to know the message plainly, the messages ought to be sorted out in a basic language. To guarantee that beneficiaries can without much of a stretch comprehend the importance of the message, the sender needs to impart unmistakably and unhesitatingly so the beneficiary can plainly and unquestionably comprehend the data.>