Instruction Inside document. No need to retype question in order.
Section 1: Short Answer-You need to come up with a total of 35 points and combine any combination of questions. Make sure you indicate the civilization where appropriate. Please put the point total after each question.
1. What was the purpose of the TajMahal? (2 points)
2. Who were the Terra Cotta Warriors, who had them made and why? (5 points)
3. Name two female pharaohs. (4 points)
4. What is the Maritime Hypothesis? (3 points)
5. According to the Mayan Calendar, on what day is the world supposed to end? (1 point)
6. What is the “Ballgame”? Where was it played? What did the players wear? Why is it significant? (www.ballgame.org) a great site (5 points)
7. Please list 5 facts about the Great Wall of China and include at least 2 myths (out of the 5) associated with it. 5 points
8. Name three rivers that have been the point of origins for various civilizations. Be sure and name the civilization. 3 points
9. Who was the Lord of Sipan? 3points
10. Why was chocolate important in Mesoamerica? (Can be found under “Course Documents”.5 points
11. Name 5 ancient Egyptian gods. 5 points
12. Name two of the Crystal Skulls. (2 points)
13. What is a maoi and where are they found? 3 points
14. What is this and what does it mean? 4 points
15. Where is this and what is it? 3 points
16. What is this? 4 points
17. This is an example of Moche pottery? What are some theories about their pottery. 5 points
18. What is the curse of King Tut. Please explain the myths and realities of this? 5 points
Section 2- Long Essay
Please be sure to do a good job on these and answer in essay format.
Places studied Ancient Egypt, Indus, China, North America, South America, Meso America.
1. Imagine you woke up this morning in one of the areas we have studied at the peak of that early civilization. (Places studied Ancient Egypt, Indus, China, North America, South America, Meso America.) What would your life be like (no, you’re not royalty, just a common person). What would you do, eat, see, own? Where would you live, what job would you have, what would you wear, how would your life be regulated? You will need to use your imagination on this and give a specific time period. Also be sure to include if you are male and female and obviously discuss your rights as in relationto your gender. You will also need to include if your society was stratified and how this affects your life as well as the different levels of stratification that exist. Be very specific and take this seriously because I expect a well thought out answer. Where and why did your society develop? Why do you think your society collapsed?
Ancient North America (Pick 1)
1. How can burial behavior be informative about the nature of social/economic organization in the past?
2. Please discuss the mound cultures throughout the United States. Choose at least two sites and discuss what is known and not known about them. Also please discuss the various physical remains that archaeologists have found.
3. Characterize the methods with which Native Americans inhabited, farmed, and built complex societies in the Southwest United States and Sonoran desert. And discuss the various debates over the organization of society during the Chaco Phenomenon
4. Who were the Anasazi? Where did they exist, and what is known aobut them? Why have they been called “Cannibals of the Canyon”? What happened to them?
5.What kinds of evidence do archaeologists use from Native North American sites to conclude that multiple nuclear families were living in a single dwelling? How could archaeologists determine that stratification was present at Moundville?
Ancient South America (Pick 1)
1. Who are the “Ice Mummies” and why are they important.
2. Outline the religious beliefs and mortuary traditions throughout the Andean sequence, and how they changed or persist through time.
3. Describe the major monuments and artistic achievements of Andean civilizations. And explain how the Inca acquired, consolidated, and maintained the largest empire in the pre- Columbian Americas.
4. Describe the discoveries at Sipán and why they were important for understanding ancient societies in South America.
or?5. Describe the sites of Cuzco and Machu Picchu.
6. Explain how the Inca came to power and how they obtained and maintained their authority over other groups.
7.Please discuss the civilization on Easter Island. Why is it so well known? What happened to it?
Ancient MesoAmerica (Please pick one)
1.Characterize kingship in the various regions of Mesoamerica, and understand how rulers legitimized their power. How did chocolate factor into these civilization.
2. Compare and contrast Classic period Tikal, Monte Albán, and Teotihuacán
3.Relate the methods by which the Aztec conquered and then ruled a large empire. explain how the Spaniards and their Mesoamerican allies were able to overthrow the Aztec Empire
4. To what extent did people in Mesoamerica practice human sacrifice and cannibalism?
5. Trace the development of the Maya by comparing the sites of El Mirador, Tikal, and ChichénItzá.
6. Please discuss the MesoAmerican Ballgame.
7. Who were the Olmec? What do we know and not know about them?
Section 3: Question
There has been much written about Aztec human sacrifice. However, new information has come to light that may indicate that perhaps Aztec sacrifices were exaggerated by the Spanish. Please use your own resources and some of the links I have included to convince me, one way or another, about this issue.
Human Sacrifice and the Aztecs? World Press Review Dec. ’92 (you can query this in a search engine or try www. mexika.org/Sacrifice.htm. Disputing Aztec Ritual Sacrifice www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/6581/aztec-sacrifice.html
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Compelling correspondence is essential to the achievement all things considered but since of the changing idea of the present working environments, successful correspondence turns out to be more troublesome, and because of the numerous impediments that will permit beneficiaries to acknowledge the plan of the sender It is restricted. Misguided judgments.In spite of the fact that correspondence inside the association is rarely completely open, numerous straightforward arrangements can be executed to advance the effect of these hindrances.
Concerning specific contextual analysis, two significant correspondence standards, correspondence channel determination and commotion are self-evident. This course presents the standards of correspondence, the act of general correspondence, and different speculations to all the more likely comprehend the correspondence exchanges experienced in regular daily existence. The standards and practices that you learn in this course give the premise to additionally learning and correspondence.
This course starts with an outline of the correspondence cycle, the method of reasoning and hypothesis. In resulting modules of the course, we will look at explicit use of relational connections in close to home and expert life. These incorporate relational correspondence, bunch correspondence and dynamic, authoritative correspondence in the work environment or relational correspondence. Rule of Business Communication In request to make correspondence viable, it is important to follow a few rules and standards. Seven of them are fundamental and applicable, and these are clear, finished, brief, obliging, right, thought to be, concrete. These standards are frequently called 7C for business correspondence. The subtleties of these correspondence standards are examined underneath: Politeness Principle: When conveying, we should build up a cordial relationship with every individual who sends data to us.
To be inviting and polite is indistinguishable, and politeness requires an insightful and amicable activity against others. Axioms are notable that gracious “pay of graciousness is the main thing to win everything”. Correspondence staff ought to consistently remember this. The accompanying standards may assist with improving courtesy:Preliminary considering correspondence with family All glad families have the mystery of progress. This achievement originates from a strong establishment of closeness and closeness. Indeed, through private correspondence these cozy family connections become all the more intently. Correspondence is the foundation of different affiliations, building solid partners of obedient devotion, improving family way of life, and assisting with accomplishing satisfaction (Gosche, p. 1). In any case, so as to keep up an amicable relationship, a few families experienced tumultuous encounters. Correspondence in the family is an intricate and alluring marvel. Correspondence between families isn’t restricted to single messages between families or verbal correspondence.
It is a unique cycle that oversees force, closeness and limits, cohesiveness and flexibility of route frameworks, and makes pictures, topics, stories, ceremonies, rules, jobs, making implications, making a feeling of family life An intelligent cycle that makes a model. This model has passed ages. Notwithstanding the view as a family and family automatic framework, one of the greatest exploration establishments in between family correspondence centers around a family correspondence model. Family correspondence model (FCP) hypothesis clarifies why families impart in their own specific manner dependent on one another ‘s psychological direction. Early FCP research established in media research is keen on how families handle broad communications data. Family correspondence was perceived as an exceptional scholastic exploration field by the National Communications Association in 1989. Family correspondence researchers were at first impacted by family research, social brain science, and relational hypothesis, before long built up the hypothesis and began research in a family framework zeroed in on a significant job. Until 2001, the primary issue of the Family Communication Research Journal, Family Communication Magazine, was given. Family correspondence is more than the field of correspondence analysts in the family. Examination on family correspondence is normally done by individuals in brain science, humanism, and family research, to give some examples models. However, as the popular family correspondence researcher Leslie Baxter stated, it is the focal point of this intelligent semantic creation measure making the grant of family correspondence special. In the field of in-home correspondence, correspondence is normally not founded on autonomous messages from one sender to one beneficiary, yet dependent on the dynamic interdependency of data shared among families It is conceptualized. The focal point of this methodology is on the shared trait of semantic development inside family frameworks. As such, producing doesn’t happen in vacuum, however it happens in a wide scope of ages and social exchange.
Standards are rules end up being followed when performing work to agree to a given objective. Hierarchical achievement relies significantly upon compelling correspondence. So as to successfully impart, it is important to follow a few standards and rules. Coming up next are rules to guarantee powerful correspondence: clearness: lucidity of data is a significant guideline of correspondence. For beneficiaries to know the message plainly, the messages ought to be sorted out in a basic language. To guarantee that beneficiaries can without much of a stretch comprehend the importance of the message, the sender needs to impart unmistakably and unhesitatingly so the beneficiary can plainly and unquestionably comprehend the data.>