Select a well-known company (Boeing) in the aviation community to examine its organizational environment and behavior. Each week, you will apply what you have learned in the Module of study to the company you selected in Module 5 and discuss how the company has accomplished the concept. This will be an ongoing process until you finalize your paper to submit during Module 9.
The paper will include an introduction of the company and discuss the company’s leadership, communication networks, decision making, negotiations process, organizational change, power, politics, organizational culture and innovation, goals and structure, strategy, technology, and organizational design.
The Research Paper Rubric attached to Activity 9.6 will be used to grade your final submission.
• Describe your company’s collaborative work environment, specifically discussing collaboration techniques, the interaction between leaders and followers, and supportive communication.
• Research your selected company’s business environment, using the company’s website or periodicals such as Fortune magazine or The Wall Street Journal.
• Explain the company’s decision-making environment, risk management, and how the organization resolves conflict through the strategic negotiation process.
• Ensure you include this discussion in your paper. In Modules 6 through 8, you will be assigned a topic to research on your selected company.
Refer to this Research Paper (PDF) document for detailed research paper instructions.
The following are required components of your research paper:
• The body of the paper will consist of approximately 10-12 pages
• Times New Roman, 12-point font,
• APA format.
Use the following outline for your paper:
• Title Page
• Table of Contents
• Introduction or Background of Company
• Brief Discussion on the Contents of the Paper
• Body of the Paper Discussing Each Week’s Topic (Questions listed in Modules 5-9 only)
• Summary / Conclusion
For Module 6:
• Examine your selected company’s approach to accomplish team-building and drive innovation.
• Does your company have training programs for teams and a process to improve team communication and decision making? Why or Why not?
• Ensure you include your work in your paper.
For Module 7:
• Identify something you believe should be changed about the way your selected company operates.
• Analyze how this change could be managed using the three-phase model of planned change.
• Discuss the viability of using force coercion, rational persuasion, or shared power to achieve the planned change in the company.
• Identify potential sources of resistance and ways to overcome the resistance for the planned change in your company.
• Analyze the selected company’s observable culture, shared values, and common cultural assumptions.
• Identify the company’s process of innovation.
• How do the leaders of the company reinforce and support a strong culture that promotes innovation?
• Ensure you include your work in your paper.
Side note: Suggest you look at the website http://www.change-management-coach.com (Links to an external site.). It is free and it has some interesting information that you may apply to your personal and professional lives.
Change-Management-Coach.com. (n. d.) Unfreeze, change, freeze. Retrieved on April 10, 2010, from http://www.change-management-coach.com/kurt_lewin.html (Links to an external site.)
Lewin, K. (1997). Resolving social conflicts: field theory in social science. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
For Module 8:
• Examine your selected company’s mission statement, code of ethics, and organizational chart.
• Describe the institution’s strategic objectives in light of the mission statement. Identify the company’s structure and focus on why the company is organized as it is.
• What does it accomplish through this organization form?
• Also, give attention to how this structure reflects the institution’s strategy.
• Is it a mechanistic structure, an organic structure, or a hybrid structure?
• What controls are used in the company?
Compelling correspondence is essential to the achievement all things considered but since of the changing idea of the present working environments, successful correspondence turns out to be more troublesome, and because of the numerous impediments that will permit beneficiaries to acknowledge the plan of the sender It is restricted. Misguided judgments.In spite of the fact that correspondence inside the association is rarely completely open, numerous straightforward arrangements can be executed to advance the effect of these hindrances.
Concerning specific contextual analysis, two significant correspondence standards, correspondence channel determination and commotion are self-evident. This course presents the standards of correspondence, the act of general correspondence, and different speculations to all the more likely comprehend the correspondence exchanges experienced in regular daily existence. The standards and practices that you learn in this course give the premise to additionally learning and correspondence.
This course starts with an outline of the correspondence cycle, the method of reasoning and hypothesis. In resulting modules of the course, we will look at explicit use of relational connections in close to home and expert life. These incorporate relational correspondence, bunch correspondence and dynamic, authoritative correspondence in the work environment or relational correspondence. Rule of Business Communication In request to make correspondence viable, it is important to follow a few rules and standards. Seven of them are fundamental and applicable, and these are clear, finished, brief, obliging, right, thought to be, concrete. These standards are frequently called 7C for business correspondence. The subtleties of these correspondence standards are examined underneath: Politeness Principle: When conveying, we should build up a cordial relationship with every individual who sends data to us.
To be inviting and polite is indistinguishable, and politeness requires an insightful and amicable activity against others. Axioms are notable that gracious “pay of graciousness is the main thing to win everything”. Correspondence staff ought to consistently remember this. The accompanying standards may assist with improving courtesy:Preliminary considering correspondence with family All glad families have the mystery of progress. This achievement originates from a strong establishment of closeness and closeness. Indeed, through private correspondence these cozy family connections become all the more intently. Correspondence is the foundation of different affiliations, building solid partners of obedient devotion, improving family way of life, and assisting with accomplishing satisfaction (Gosche, p. 1). In any case, so as to keep up an amicable relationship, a few families experienced tumultuous encounters. Correspondence in the family is an intricate and alluring marvel. Correspondence between families isn’t restricted to single messages between families or verbal correspondence.
It is a unique cycle that oversees force, closeness and limits, cohesiveness and flexibility of route frameworks, and makes pictures, topics, stories, ceremonies, rules, jobs, making implications, making a feeling of family life An intelligent cycle that makes a model. This model has passed ages. Notwithstanding the view as a family and family automatic framework, one of the greatest exploration establishments in between family correspondence centers around a family correspondence model. Family correspondence model (FCP) hypothesis clarifies why families impart in their own specific manner dependent on one another ‘s psychological direction. Early FCP research established in media research is keen on how families handle broad communications data. Family correspondence was perceived as an exceptional scholastic exploration field by the National Communications Association in 1989. Family correspondence researchers were at first impacted by family research, social brain science, and relational hypothesis, before long built up the hypothesis and began research in a family framework zeroed in on a significant job. Until 2001, the primary issue of the Family Communication Research Journal, Family Communication Magazine, was given. Family correspondence is more than the field of correspondence analysts in the family. Examination on family correspondence is normally done by individuals in brain science, humanism, and family research, to give some examples models. However, as the popular family correspondence researcher Leslie Baxter stated, it is the focal point of this intelligent semantic creation measure making the grant of family correspondence special. In the field of in-home correspondence, correspondence is normally not founded on autonomous messages from one sender to one beneficiary, yet dependent on the dynamic interdependency of data shared among families It is conceptualized. The focal point of this methodology is on the shared trait of semantic development inside family frameworks. As such, producing doesn’t happen in vacuum, however it happens in a wide scope of ages and social exchange.
Standards are rules end up being followed when performing work to agree to a given objective. Hierarchical achievement relies significantly upon compelling correspondence. So as to successfully impart, it is important to follow a few standards and rules. Coming up next are rules to guarantee powerful correspondence: clearness: lucidity of data is a significant guideline of correspondence. For beneficiaries to know the message plainly, the messages ought to be sorted out in a basic language. To guarantee that beneficiaries can without much of a stretch comprehend the importance of the message, the sender needs to impart unmistakably and unhesitatingly so the beneficiary can plainly and unquestionably comprehend the data.>